iBOLT Automotive app - Dock'n Drive
Connect your car - A car app that lets you create your own car dashboard, vertically or horizontally.
What they claim to do:
- A customizable screen that lets you set shortcuts to all your favourite apps and functions e.g. dialling so you don't have to mess about when you're driving.
Google Play: 4
They have 2 different versions for Android and iOS platforms. The Android one has much more flexibility and functionality.
- Simple, clear layout for information,
- We love these functions,
- The speedometer and compass media controls show at eye level so you can concentrate on the road,
- (Android) You can create shortcuts for your most-used apps so you can switch easily,
- (iOS) Video recorder integration with your GPS so you can record the time, date, car speed and location,
- User friendly.
- You need a stable signal for the GPS function,
- (Android) Detailed design in settings for every single point - good but too many options,
- (iOS) some bugs with the temperature section,
- (iOS) the video recording function only works in landscape mode.
Overall a great idea, needs some tweaking on the execution but we like it.
Read the 11 signs of poorly planned app to help you get it right.